Dwarf Hit Squad
Something has happened in the outside world. The sun isn’t coming out anymore.
- Random denizens of the local area (outside the mountain) such as gnomes, halflings, and some elves, have started showing up in town. None of them want to talk about what’s going on outside but none want to leave.
- Some people say the scouts who returned after the supposed Orc attacks were actually brigands who murdered their fellow scouts and made off with a small fortune. The headless orc body was a lucky discovery that allowed them to make up their story.
- One of the Queen’s advisers is supposedly a doppleganger, who has infiltrated the court in order to assassinate her and throw the dwarven kingdom into turmoil.
- The human settlement south of the mountain that Diamondpoint used to trade with rather frequently has not made contact in some time (possibly as long as five years).
- The Queen’s lover is actually a female, which isn’t particularly good for her as it means she will produce no heirs (though this would otherwise be unremarkable).
- The Queen’s lover is a silversmith named Matias, whose family is considered low-born, which is why she hasn’t made it public. She plans to marry him in secret and then reveal him to the kingdom before anyone can convince her she shouldn’t.
- A Brother in the Arcanarium told Micah that there was a gnomish fishing village somewhere on the surface.